About Charles Nusinov Online Jewelry Store
Charles Nusinov & Sons was founded in 1923 by Charles Nusinov, a Ukrainian immigrant, arriving in Baltimore via Buenos Aires. Charles, trained as a jeweler in his native Ukraine, was a master craftsman and diamond setter. The business grew from humble beginnings in the East Baltimore Street area and eventually encompassed several properties in the area of Baltimore and Eden Streets. A true family business, the store expanded with the help of Charles's three sons: Nathan, Sam, and Bob, who later brought in their sons.
By the mid '60s Charles Nusinov & Sons had become a Baltimore tradition. The business relocated to Belair Road in Northeastern Baltimore City in 1973 after the passing of Charles in 1968, along with the decline of the East Baltimore neighborhood and parking problems.
The family eventually came to realize the business needed to control its own destiny with its own building in a new location. After a year's search, the perfect location was found by Beltway Exit 30, Perring Parkway. This location provided a year-round permanent "billboard" and a central, easy-to-find location and ample parking. Each day 140,000 cars pass the store's facade off 695. This new store at 8720 Satyr Hill Road in Parkville has been our present and only location since July 1990, where Charles Nusinov & Sons is the anchor tenant in Nusinov Plaza.
Today, Donald Nusinov, the grandson of Charles, is the President and his sons Sydney and Alan Nusinov are following in the family's footsteps.
Let's Grow Old Together...